TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
Information about us
www.dickieslife.com is a site operated by Williamson-Dickie Europe Ltd trading as dickieslife.com (we, us, our). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 01757853 and have our registered office at Second Avenue, Westfield Trading Estate, Midsomer Norton, Radstock, BA3 4BH, England. Our VAT number is GB 543 3724 51.
Other applicable terms
Should you wish to purchase any goods shown or advertised on our site, the supply of those goods will be subject to our Terms and Conditions of Sale.
Accessing our site
Our site is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable or interrupted at any time or for any period.
Your account and password
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
Your use of our site
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law, regulation or code of practice;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- in any way that infringes any intellectual property right or right to privacy; and/or
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation to any person.
We may from time to time provide interactive services to you on our site. For example, we may allow you to leave reviews of our products, comment on our blog posts and/or chat online live with our customer service team.
Use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian.
By submitting any content to our site or through our interactive services, you agree that we shall have a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide right and licence to use, reproduce, distribute and make available such content on our site.
We may, from time to time, if we consider it appropriate, use moderation of any interactive service provided on our site. However, we are under no obligation to do so. Any content posted on our site by users through any interactive service does not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, values or ideals of Williamson-Dickie Europe Ltd or our personnel. We expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you post to our site (User Content) and to any interactive services associated with it. You must ensure that User Content complies with following standards. The standards apply to each part of the User Content as well as to its whole.
User Content must:
- be accurate (where it states facts);
- be genuinely held (where it states opinions); and
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which it is posted.
User Content must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any intellectual property right of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- be threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that it emanates from us, if this is not the case;
- advocate, promote or assist any illegal activity or unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse; or
- contain any advertising or promote any goods or services or web links to other sites.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these content standards through your use of the site. When a breach of these content standards has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate and reserve the right to reject publication of any such User Content or delete such User Content from our site.
Viruses, hacking and other offences.
- not to use our site to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic or time bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other technologically harmful programs, data or code;
- not to attempt to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
o any part of our site;
o any database connected to our site;
o any equipment or network on which our site is stored or which is connected to our site; and/or
o any software used in the provision of our site; and
- not to attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 (and may commit additional offences under local laws in other applicable jurisdictions). We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Changes to our site
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
No reliance on information
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of our liability
Our site and the information and content contained on it are provided "as is" and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we hereby expressly exclude all liability, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with use of, or inability to use, our site, or use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation;
- waste of management or office time; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of any business of yours (including but not limited to the types of loss and damage excluded in respect of business users set out in the paragraph above).
The security of communications sent over the Internet (including by e-mail) is subject to many factors outside of our control. We do not guarantee the security or confidentiality of any electronic communications and shall not be responsible to you for any loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of the transmission of any such communications. We shall have no liability for your inability to connect to or to access our site which may result from any faults, errors or problems relating to your PC hardware, software, network or security, or your Internet service provider or any other similar problem.
Although we use reasonable efforts to ensure that our site is free from viruses and other malicious or harmful content, we do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from such content. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any goods by use to you, which will be set out in our Terms and Conditions of Sale.
- issue of a warning to you;
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
Linking to our site
You may link pages of our site to your personal social media accounts where social media sharing plug-ins are available on our site.
Any other linking to our site is prohibited without our prior written consent.
You must not:
- establish a link in a way that is not fair or legal;
- establish a link in such a way as to damage our reputation or take advantage of it;
- establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists;
- establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you;
- establish a link to our site in any website that includes unlawful or fraudulent content, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- frame our site on any other site; or
- create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Third party links and resources in our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties (including where our social media sharing plug-ins include links to third party sites), these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
If you are a consumer, you and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute or claim arising from, or related to, a use of our site (including non-contractual disputes or claims), save that nothing shall limit your legal rights to bring actions against us or to require proceedings to take place in the place of your residence.
“DICKIES” and the Dickies logo used on our site are registered UK trade marks and Community trade marks of Williamson-Dickie Europe Ltd or its licensors.
If you wish to contact us in respect of our site, please contact us at email@example.com or using our Contact Us form.
Thank you for visiting our site.
These Terms were most recently updated on 17 July 2017